[GE users] One last concern

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at email.unc.edu
Thu Nov 18 21:32:52 GMT 2004

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, Rayson Ho wrote:

> (we didn't know that you are using AFS... btw, does AFS work on OSX??)

AFS works like a charm on OS X.  You don't even have to make a local home
directory, you just specify the AFS directory in your niload statement (or
with dscl).  An excellent guide for installing it is located at:

http://help.unc.edu/?id=3748&within=search-1042546175

> The problem below is likely to be caused by the environment variable
> "DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH" (you get it when you source settings.csh). Can you
> unset it and then try again?? /usr/local/sge/lib/darwin/libssl.0.9.7.dylib
> may be incompatible with the default one installed -- we had discussions
> about this issue on the dev list recently.

You're right, this corrected the problem. Now if I can figure out how to
route the token to a pagsh, I'll be home.  Won't hurt to take a look at
the dev list when I get the chance as well.

Paul Mitchell
	Paul Mitchell
	email: pmitchel at email.unc.edu
	phone: (919) 962-9778
	office: I have an office, room 14, Phillips Hall