[GE users] LD_LIBRARY_PATH (was: One last concern)

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 19 04:39:24 GMT 2004

There are a few html files in the security directory
that document the setup procedure of the security
modules.

You can download the tarball sge-V60u1_TAG-src.tar.gz
from:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ProjectDownloadList

Then do:
% find . -name "*.html"

OK, go back to why we need to set the env. var, please
read Andy's email:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?msgId=20645&listName=users

There are 2 places that require the use of dlopen():

- qmaster (sge_spooling_dynamic.c) for loading the
  spooling framework.
- the security module (sec_lib.c) which loads
  "libcrypto.dylib" and "libcrypto.so"

If you look at the code, you will see that we don't
pass the absolute path to dlopen() -- but rely on the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH for OSX)
settings. It is not hard to add a bit of code to
change this behaviour, so that SGE will read from the
config file to find out where the libraries are.

Also read:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?msgId=20561&listName=users
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?msgId=21533&listName=users

 -Ron

--- Paul Mitchell <pmitchel at email.unc.edu> wrote:
> You're right, this corrected the problem. Now if I
> can figure out how to
> route the token to a pagsh, I'll be home.  Won't
> hurt to take a look at
> the dev list when I get the chance as well.
>
> Paul Mitchell

The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
http://my.yahoo.com