[GE users] question about shadow master configuration

Patrice Seyed apseyed at bu.edu
Fri Nov 19 16:41:20 GMT 2004

Hi,

In the shadow master howto on the gridengine website it indicates:

"All master shadow hosts must have read/write permissions to the qmaster
spool directory."

>From this I am assuming that the $SGEROOT is being shared over nfs, in our
configuration it is not, local to the head node and local on each compute
node.

Has anyone been able to configure a shadow master in this type of
configuration? We are using sge version 5.3p5.

Thanks,

Patrice Seyed
Linux System Administrator - LinGA
RHCE, SCSA