[GE users] One last concern

Valerio Luccio valerio.luccio at nyu.edu
Fri Nov 19 18:41:37 GMT 2004

Ron Chen wrote:

>Can you descibe the sendmail problem in a bit more
>detail? Are you setting the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH env var?
>
>--- Valerio Luccio <valerio.luccio at nyu.edu> wrote:
>

>>Drove me nuts too: although I could fix the login
>>scripts to set te
>>variable correctly, I couldn't figure out how to fix
>>it so that the mail
>>would work correctly (the sendmail would crash). The
>>good news is that
>>OSX 10.3.6 uses the updated version of libssl ....

Sure.

- First I have the common login script(s) define DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH.

- Second I modified the distribution script from:

    setenv $shlib_path_name "$SGE_ROOT/lib/$ARCH":"$old_value"

    etenv $shlib_path_name "$old_value":"$SGE_ROOT/lib/$ARCH"

this was to have the search happen in the correct order (the grid engine
seems to do it right, but the other OSX utilities were breaking).

Despite this, the sendmail (from grid engine) was still crashing with:

    Command: sendmail

    Link (dyld) error:

    dyld: send-mail version mismatch for library:
    /netlib/GridEngine/libssl.0.9.7.dylib (compatibility version of
    user: 0.9.7 greater than library's version: 0.9.0)

The above is from /Library/Logs/CrashReporter/sendmail.crash.log.

Now I've updated my nodes to 10.3.6, which uses libssl.0.9.7 and it
seems to work.

--
Valerio Luccio			(212) 998-8736
Center for Brain Imaging	4 Washington Place, Room 158

        "In an open world, who needs windows or gates?"