[GE users] reserved ports in SGE 6.0

christian reissmann Christian.Reissmann at Sun.COM
Mon Nov 22 11:04:22 GMT 2004

Hi Sean,

can you please file an issue to reactivate the reserved port security
option. SGE 6.0 has a new communication library and the reserved
port security is not integrated into SGE 6.0.

Recently I implemented the qping -dump switch which is using a
reserved port to connect to the SGE daemons. So I enhanced the
communication library to support it.

In my opinion the groundwork for reserved port support in SGE 6.x
is done.

Best regards,

Christian

Christian Reissmann    Tel: +49 (0)941 3075 112  mailto:crei at sun.com
Software Engineer      Fax: +49 (0)941 3075 222
http://www.sun.com/gridengine
Sun Microsystems GmbH, Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7,
D-93049 Regensburg,    Tel: +49 (0)941 3075 0