[GE users] LD_LIBRARY_PATH (was: One last concern)

Sean Dilda agrajag at dragaera.net
Mon Nov 22 14:30:39 GMT 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 11:08, Rayson Ho wrote:
> I think it should be easy... may be an hour of programming would do it.
>
> The library location should always be:
>
> $SGE_ROOT/lib/<arch>/<lib name>

> Is there a case that the library directory can be moved to a different
> location??

I have an SGE rpm I made that actually puts the SGE library files in
/usr/lib.  However, I got tired of patching SGE to make everything work,
so I ended up making $SGE_ROOT/lib/<arch> a symlink to /usr/lib.

But what libraries are we talking about?  If its the openssl libraries,
I don't agree that those should even be installed by SGE in the first
place.  (that creates an extra set of openssl libraries that won't be
updated when there are security issues, which is a very very bad thing)