[GE users] SGE 6.0u1: job name cannot start with a digit??

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Wed Nov 24 09:01:44 GMT 2004

Terry,

indeed, a job name may not start with a digit

For qrsh jobs the current job name checking seems to be broken. There's no
clear definition what SGE should take by default for a qrsh job name, but
the current behavior is kind of funny.

I think what SGE should do is the following: take everything up to the first
whitespace or semicolon and from that string take the basename.

Command line                       jobname
"cd /home/me/5five; hostname" --> cd
"/home/me/4Ujob"              --> 4Ujob (invalid)
"cat /tmp/5five"              --> cat
"bla;blub"                    --> bla
"a b"                         --> a

Could you please file an issue?