[GE users] qrsh in MPICH PE problem

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Nov 25 12:43:22 GMT 2004

> Wed Nov 24 12:48:27 2004|qmaster|poseidon|I|task 1.slacs16 at
> slacs16.caspur.it of job 3460.1 died through signal HUP

where is the HUP coming from? Can you put some "cat $TMPDIR/machines" command
before the mpirun and check, that the correct nodes are used (this should
already be printed during the startup of the PE in startmpi.sh). Next is to
verify the usage of qrsh, maybe it's necessary to set "export
P4_RSHCOMMAND=rsh".

Cheers - Reuti