[GE users] can't read usage file errors.

Kevin Ruland kruland at ku.edu
Sat Nov 27 04:38:18 GMT 2004

Hi all.

I've tried to figure this out on my own but even with the commonproblems
page and the list archives, I'm still stuck.

Whenever I submit a job using drmaa with the DRMAA_WD set to anything,
the job aborts with out executing and the qmaster/messages states the
job 'can't read usage file'.

Some of the pertanent facts for our configuration are:

It is using NFS for the sge directory.  All the binaries, configuration
and spool diretories are available as /sge on the qmaster and compute nodes.

It is using NFS & autod for home directories.  ~ is available on all
hosts in the same location.

We are using SGE 6.0, 'qstat -help' says:  "N1GE 6.0"  I do not know if
this is a custom build of 6.0u1 or if it was something pre 6.0u1.

Thanks much for any help.

Kevin Ruland
University of Kansas