[GE users] many sge_qmaster (Redhat SGE6.0u1)

sge_qmaster sge_qmaster at yahoo.co.jp
Sat Nov 27 11:37:18 GMT 2004

    [ The following text is in the "iso-2022-jp" character set. ]

my environment is ..

PC cluster: 1 administrate node + 9 calculate nodes

OS: Redhat 7.2 kanel 2.4

CPU: Xeon x2

SGE6.0u1 compiled on my environment (using port No. is <1024)

Hi, I have problems. When I start sge_qmaster, always, 10 sge_qmasters start and I can?t submit jobs from qmon with below error messages

Name: submit_message

Class: XmtMsgLine

XmTextInsertWcs: not implementd

Submitting from qsub is okay. I assume that 10 sge_qmasters inhibit job submission from qmon.

the sge_qmasters PID is below.

UID   PID   PPID  CMD

13779 11379     1 sge_qmaster

    0 11382 11379 sge_qmaster

    0 11383 11382 sge_qmaster

    0 11384 11382 sge_qmaster

    0 11385 11382 sge_qmaster

    0 11386 11382 sge_qmaster

13779 11387 11382 sge_qmaster

13779 11389 11382 sge_qmaster

13779 11390 11382 sge_qmaster

13779 11391 11382 sge_qmaster

13779 19236     1 sge_sched

13779 20790     1 sge_execd

If I kill sge_qmaster (11382), all of sge_qmasters is killed. But I kill sge_qmaster (11383), the sge_qmaster is not killed and will be zombie process.

Please tell me a solutions?