[GE users] Only root can submit jobs

Rayson Ho raysonho at eseenet.com
Sun Nov 28 20:50:56 GMT 2004

1) What OS are you using??

2) Did you try the pre-compiled binary??

3) Anything in the execd log??

4) Is the user configured on that machine and the home directory there??

5) Did you setup any prolog??

6) Is the job actually started??
You can logon to the machine, and do a ptree (or use ps to get the process
tree yourself), see if the execd has started the shepherd at that point,
and also check if the job script is running...

Rayson