[GE users] SGE 5.3 & Host Groups

Paul Lyons paul at dsiweb.co.uk
Mon Nov 29 10:26:48 GMT 2004

Hi,

We are looking to setup groups if possible, but are running 5.3 still is
there anyway we can do this? The reason being...

We have a selection of Opteron machines and want it so that standard jobs do
not land on Opteron machines as not all the tools have 64 bit binaries.
However we still want a job that could run on a 64bit machine to run on our
normal Linux hosts.

I believe host groups is in version 6, is there a way to do this somehow in
5.3 as would rather not upgrade unless we have to at the moment.

Thanks,
Paul