[GE users] SGE 5.3 & Host Groups

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Nov 29 10:43:27 GMT 2004

> We have a selection of Opteron machines and want it so that standard jobs
> do
> not land on Opteron machines as not all the tools have 64 bit binaries.
> However we still want a job that could run on a 64bit machine to run on our
> normal Linux hosts.

You could define a complex custom_host (we have more entries there):

$ qconf -sc custom_host
#name            shortcut   type   value           relop requestable consumable
default
--------
cpu_type         ct         STRING none            ==    YES         NO
none
##--- # starts a comment but comments are not saved across edits

The cpu_type you can set for each exec host to AMD64 or i386. If you request
nothing (or a soft request), you may land on any machine. Othwise request -l
cpu_type=i386. - Reuti