[GE users] SGE 6.0u1 binaries for AMD64 lx26

Daniel Tackley CBE-ASG daniel.tackley at intertek.com
Mon Nov 29 16:08:28 GMT 2004

Thanks for the reply.

I had already tried this but on trying to run the execution host install got the following error:

Checking hostname resolving
/bin/lx26-amd64/qconf -sh
The error message was:
error: could not get environment variable SGE_QMASTER_PORT or service "sge_qmaster"

I have definitely added the host to the list on the master.

The problem seems to lie with qconf as this doesn't work if run from the command prompt giving exactly the same error as above. The services are defined on a master NIS node and running ypcat services on the node giving the install errors shows:

sge_qmaster 536/tcp
sge_execd   537/tcp

Any suggestions?

Thanks,