[GE users] problem with SLES 9 and gridengine 6 binaries ?

Paul Brown pbrown at grantapark.com
Tue Nov 30 16:01:54 GMT 2004

I've hacked the installation so that it would install on a SLES 9 opteron machine, however when the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable is set to sge/lib a lot of commands are giving the following

hardy:/usr/sge/default/common # man
man: error while loading shared libraries: /lib64/libnss_ldap.so.2: undefined symbol: __db185_open

The way I hacked the install was to edit arch and change the 2.6 section to have lxrelease=24 which installs and will even run some things, but not everything so it's not really an option.

Have I done something really stupid ?

Thanks

Paul