[GE users] -b yes and extra arguments in 6.0u1

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Nov 30 22:58:49 GMT 2004

> Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it and it didn't work. So I decided
> to try replacing the tcsh epilog with a sh epilog script.  I'm still
> getting tcsh errors in the log
>
> Unknown option: `-arg1'
> Usage: tcsh [ -bcdefilmnqstvVxX ] [ argument ... ].

Then maybe you can use -b as your first argument, but this wouldn't be a
solution of course.

> I thought it was the epilog script that had the errors because it was
> tcsh and the errors only got written to the log when I had it configured
> in my queue. The fact that I'm still geting tcsh errors with a bourne
> shell epilog script leads me to believe that the errors are happening
> earlier in the process - perhaps the shell spawned to run the epilog
> script? I'm not sure how to gain control over that process in order to
> modify it's behavior.

Did you set the shell start mode in the queue definition to unix_behavior?

BTW: And I'm not sure, where the shell start mode in the global configuration
will be used, as it can't be NONE in the queue definition.

Reuti