[GE users] order of filling the queue?

David Dumas daviddumas at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 23:29:58 BST 2004

I think you could do this with a custom resource.  For example, if you
just wanted to make some execution hosts more desirable than others,
you could create a script that prints a "score" representing the
desirability of the host it runs on.  You could then create a resource
computed from this script and have the scheduler figure this in when
making decisions.

(I've used this to harvest unused time on desktop systems, where the
desirability was inversely proportional to the amount of time in the
previous week that there was a user at the console.  Thus less-used
workstations got jobs first.)

As for customizing this based on the submitter, I'm not sure but I
think you can change the scheduling policy on a per-submit-host basis.

-David