[GE users] SGE 6.0u1: Job 11 failed: Getting shepherd exited with exit status 19

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 2 00:33:18 BST 2004

> I created a qmaster on one machine and created
> another host for the execution. I before creating
the
> exaction host I copied all the files from the
machine
> that hosts the qmaster to the execution host
machine.

This kind of setup is not recommended for new SGE
users, the easiest way to get it right is to use NFS
to share SGE_ROOT.

Otherwise, you can follow this HOWTO:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/howto/nfsreduce.html

> What am I doing wrong ?

I would suggest you to take a look at the qmaster and
execd log files, and make sure that the write
permissions are OK.

> Are there anything else we can monitor.

You can monitor any kind of resources, like software
licenses, or even the number of Myrinet ports that are
free, or number of interactive users.

 -Ron

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail