[GE users] How to submit job to a particular host

Kirk Patton kpatton at transmeta.com
Sat Oct 2 20:41:04 BST 2004

Hello,

The way I have been handling this at my shop is to name queues with the individual
hostnames.  This is in SGE 5.3.  Then, if I wanted to submit to a specific host,
I submit to "qsub -q queue.hostname script".  I think that in SGE 6.0 with global
queues, you can specify '-q queue at exechost'.

After looking at the individual queues(qstat -F -q queuename) I suppose I could have
also specified a resource(qsub -l hostname=hostname.domain script).

You could go so far as to set up complexes for each host that contain hostnames,
ip-addresses...  Then you could use those as well.

Kirk

On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 11:27:53AM -0500, Shannon V. Davidson wrote:
>    qsub -l h=<hostname> job.sh
>
>    Arati Kadav wrote:
>
>  Hello,
>  though I am using Grid, if I want to submit job only to a particular host
>  (identified by a host name/ip address) then what is the mechanism for me to
>  do it. I want to still go through the Grid.
>  Regards,
>  Arati

Kirk Patton
Unix Administrator