[GE users] qmaster memory leak

Mike Brown Michael.Brown at motorola.com
Mon Oct 4 20:57:46 BST 2004

I'm trying to configure SGE 6.0u1 for the first time.  I configured
users and cluster queues and ran successful test jobs.  After this, I
created a clone of an existing cluster queue and suddenly qmaster was
unresponsive.  I left it alone for several minutes, did a ps listing,
and saw one of the qmaster processes in the Z state.

Unable to fix the problem, I killed the qmaster/schedd processes and
rebooted.  Every time since, qmaster runs until consuming all of the
machine's memory and crashes after doing so.

I don't see any existing posts on this topic.  Any idea how this
happened or how I can fix/debug?

Thanks,

Mike