[GE users] qmaster memory leak

Mike Brown Michael.Brown at motorola.com
Tue Oct 5 23:50:07 BST 2004

Andreas,

I've looked into the problem from another angle, and it doesn't seem to
be a memory leak.  I tried recreating the queue that caused the problem,
and noticed that when I put fewer cpus in it, the memory usage comes
close to exceeding that of the machine, but does not increase.

I think the problem is with subordinate queues.  As I increase the
number of queues subordinated, memory increases rapidly.  If I remove
the subordinate restriction, I am able to declare many different cluster
queues.  My current (5.3p5) configuration is similar to below, with
higher level queues subordinating lower level ones:

level3 (subordinates level2, level1)
level2 (subordinates level1)
level1

As I try to repeat this in 6.0u1, I have approximately 100 hosts at each
level, and hit 2GB memory usage while populating the 3rd level.

Thanks for your help,

Mike