[GE users] stty error

Beth Meyer beth at wildbrain.com
Thu Oct 7 20:09:23 BST 2004

I'm using 6.0u1. All of the output files for my jobs have this error in
them:

stty: standard input: Inappropriate ioctl for device

I can't find any stty settings in the environment setup files that
aren't properly enclosed in an if loop. My cluster queue and cluster are
both set to use "Unix Behaviour" for shell startup mode. And all jobs
are submitted through qsub with the '-b yes' flag.

The jobs themselves run with no problems; but I would like to find the
source of this error so that it doesn't send anyone on a wild goose
chase when, inevitably, a job does fail.

Anybody have any idea what could be causing such an error?

We're on Linux boxes, by the way, using the lx24-x86 binaries. And we
use a tcsh shell script as a wrapper to the jobs that we submit to the
queue.

Thanks,

Beth