[GE users] Automated installations of execution hosts

Andy Moran andy at wildbrain.com
Thu Oct 7 21:11:32 BST 2004

Upon furthur investigation, this seems like this tool is for *remote*
installation of all execution hosts, which is not what I'm interested in.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the automated install
feature  allows you to take a configuration and define a list of
currently existing hosts and will remotely install (via rsh or ssh) to
those hosts.

What I'm interested in is adding a new execution host upon setup
automatically from that machine (already added as an admin host).   Our
host setup script is already logged into the machine and it should only
add the new machine in question.   The binaries and configuration files
are already available to the machine (via NFS mostly).

We currently log into a machine and run ./inst_sgeee -x and accept the
defaults for everything.  This sets adds the init script to the machine
and adds the machine as an execution host with the default queue.  We
want a way to do this automatically when the machine is being setup.

Does that make sense?  Is there a good way to do this?

--Andy