[GE users] scheduled end time of a running job

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Fri Oct 8 13:10:29 BST 2004

Henrik,

you can't do it - this is  handled (i.e. the job is indirectly killed) by
the execd. The execd has the information in memory (it's persisted in the
spooled job file that after a restart of the execd the job gets signalled).

If this capability is really that important for you the only solution which
I can imagine is a cron script which checks for the requested run time of
running jobs ("qstat -r") and kills (qdel's) the jobs before they reach
their requested wall clock time if they run on "faster" machines.

Andy