[GE users] SGE host problem

nicolette heng vixette10 at yahoo.com.sg
Sat Oct 9 18:40:18 BST 2004

I have set up SGE on my 3 computers successfully. The one with Linux os is my master host and the other 2 solaris are my execution hosts.

Initially I manage to open the qmon browser and also execute some qconf commands on the command line. However, I get SGE hanging after a while and this was the error message that appear:

'error: can't send synchronous message to commproc (qmaster:0) or host "scs" : connection TIMED OUT.'

and the error message under $SGE_ROOT/default/spool/messages was :

'Thu Oct 7 12:06:57 2004|qmaster|scs|C|lGetHost : no such name (1255, LR_HOST) in descriptor.'

Hope someone will be able to help me with this. Thanx!

Nic

 Yahoo! Messenger
- Log on with your mobile phone!