[GE users] Mac OS X inst_sge -x does not install init script

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Thu Oct 14 01:52:49 BST 2004

Yep. Still no luck with this. Sometimes we get issued "magic" Apple
Developer tokens that allow us to open trouble tickets that go straight
to the OS X developers. When this happens results come fast!

I'm hoping to use one of these credits/tokens for the SGE startup issue
but no luck so far. We have a more critical issue now with OS X bootp
"leaking" DHCP type info over interfaces/networks where it has
explicitly been disabled. We've got to get the bootp madness sorted
first and then I'll see if I can get someone to look at the file
descriptor issue.

-Chris

Ron Chen wrote:

> We had discussed about the starup item on OSX using
> plist, but then we found there is a bug in OSX -- when
> any program is ran via the startup plist, the first 3
> file descriptors are not valid. So SGE reports the
> error and exits.
>
> Chris said that he would follow up with Apple, but not
> sure if he heard anything back or not?
>
>  -Ron
>

> --- Rayson Ho <raysonho at eseenet.com> wrote:
>
>>The standard way to do stuff like that is to use
>>"plist".
>>
>>Rayson
>>

>>>When I install SGE 6.0u1 on our OS X execution
>>
>>hosts, it asks if I want
>>
>>>to install the init script.. I say yes.. then I get
>>
>>errors.    I have
>>
>>>captured the output below.
>>>
>>>We are able to create the init scripts by hand, but
>>
>>it's a pain.  Is
>>
>>>this a known issue?
>>>
>>>--Andy

>>http://www.eseenet.com !

>>For additional commands, e-mail:
>>users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net

Chris Dagdigian, <dag at sonsorol.org>
BioTeam  - Independent life science IT & informatics consulting
Office: 617-665-6088, Mobile: 617-877-5498, Fax: 425-699-0193
PGP KeyID: 83D4310E iChat/AIM: bioteamdag  Web: http://bioteam.net