[GE users] Overlapping Cells?

Melvin Koh melvin at apstc.sun.com.sg
Thu Oct 14 02:11:58 BST 2004

Reuti,

Yes, we are considering using userlist to control access, though that
would mean that we have to maintain another set of userlist in addition to
the system userlist. But I guess this is the more "cleaner" way.

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, Reuti wrote:

> > I just like to find out if anyone has actually tried to deploy 2 different
> > overlapping cells? This would mean that some hosts will have 2 sge_execd
> > running, so will there be conflicts?
>
> I only want to note, that you have to setup the slots in such a way, to avoid
> oversubscription of a machine.
>
> Will both cells have the same master? Then it may be possible to work with the
> users list of SGE instead. - Reuti

Melvin Koh Chee Kian
Grid Research Engineer
Asia Pacific Science & Technology Center
Sun Microsystems Inc.
Website: http://apstc.sun.com.sg/