[GE users] Errorno=111 when doing qstat

Jeffrey B. Layton laytonjb at charter.net
Sun Oct 17 21:48:08 BST 2004

Hello,

  I'm running SGE 6.0p1 on a small warewulf cluster. The
master node has two network connections: eth0 to the
outside world as 127.0.0.1 or localhost; eth1 is only
known to the cluster as 10.0.0.253 or master-admin.
(the cluster is not on the net, so I haven't configured eth0
as anything but localhost). I configured SGE to use
master-admin as the host name. When I try a 'qstat' it
tells me that it can't connect to localhost and gives me
an error number of 111. I'm looking through the manual
but I was wondering if someone could help me. Does
SGE 6.0p1 always look to eth0? (BTW, I used the binaries
on the SGE website for the 2.4 kernel, glibc 2.2). If it
does look at eth0, is there an easy way to change the server
to localhost from master-admin?

TIA!

Jeff "the SGE newbie"