AW: AW: AW: [GE users] resource allocation and race condition

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Oct 18 17:20:48 BST 2004

<snip>

> For convenience of discussion, I introduced 'count' to indicate what I
> presume the internal bookkeeping is doing to track the allocated resources.
> For a process to start, the allocated and the requested resources must be
> less-than-equal the resource quota.  The resource quota is the minimum of
> the complex_values and load values.
>
> Thus, as an expression:
>    count + request <= Resource_Quota = min(complex_values, load_values)

I see the point. You are using now just one complex, which is consumable
and in addition adjusted by the external load sensor? This would explain
the behavior, if I understand you in the right way.

Can you try using both? I.e. defining one complex which is set by the
load sensor (not consumable), and a second one which is a consumable
e.g. count. Any submit has to fulfill both conditions.

qsub -l license=2,count=2 mypgm

Cheers - Reuti