[GE users] Machine Priority

Benjamin Simmons bdsimmns at memphis.edu
Tue Oct 19 14:03:06 BST 2004

Hello all,

I have a cluster running SGE 6.0  This cluster consists of a mixture of
1Ghz, 2Ghz, and 3Ghz machines.  Is there a way to ensure that the 3Ghz
machines are always used first out of the pool of open resources?

I can specify a range of computers based on the fact that each speed has
a different amount of memory, but if I submit with a -l mem_total=501.5M
or something similar for each group of machines.  This allows for jobs
to be stuck until that speed machine is available again.  I would like
to  have the scheduler just assign jobs to the faster machines first if
possible.

Thanks for any assistance in advance,

Ben Simmons