[GE users] SGE 6.0 for NetBSD

Co Thai Ngo cngo at nmsu.edu
Tue Oct 19 20:57:25 BST 2004

Here is what I have done:

- build BerkeleyDB
- acacia# url2pkg /usr/pkgsrc/distfiles/sge-V60_TAG-src.tar.gz
- acacia# make configure
- change Makefile, source and script files as in the attached
- acacia# make
- acacia# make install
===> Checking for vulnerabilities in sge-V60_TAG-srcnb1
===> Installing for sge-V60_TAG-srcnb1
Group 'sgeadmin' already exists.
User 'sgeadmin' already exists.
/bin/mkdir -p /usr/pkg/sge
/usr/sbin/chown sgeadmin /usr/pkg/sge
/usr/bin/chgrp sgeadmin /usr/pkg/sge
cd /usr/pkgsrc/wip/sge-test/work/gridengine/source &&  echo "Y" | /usr/bin/env
LOCALBASE=/usr/pkg SGE_ROOT=/usr/pkg/sge ./scripts/distinst -local -allall
nbsd-i386
OPENSSLBASE: not found

    Installing: sge_qmaster sge_execd sge_shadowd sge_schedd sge_shepherd
sge_coshepherd qstat qsub qalter qconf qdel qacct qmod qsh utilbin jobs qmon
qhost qmake qtcsh qping distcommon
 Architectures: nbsd-i386
Base directory: /usr/pkg/sge
   OK [Y/N][Y]:
Installing "3rd_party/" directory tree
Installing "inst_sge", "install_qmaster" and "install_execd"
Installing "util/" directory tree
Installing "examples/jobs"
Copying Pixmaps and Qmon resource file
cp: dist/qmon/Qmon: No such file or directory

This command failed: cp dist/qmon/Qmon /usr/pkg/sge/qmon

Installation failed. Exiting.

*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/wip/sge-test

Quoting Rayson Ho <raysonho at eseenet.com>:

> Can you list the steps done by you to compile SGE 6.0 on NetBSD??
>
> Rayson
>

> >It seems that the binary files (qmon, sge_qmaster, sge_schedd...) are not
>
> >created. I don't know what step is missing or what I should add to SGE 6.0
>
> >source files to make it run on NetBSD. Any advice or comment ? Has any of
> you
> >tried SGE 6.0 on NetBSD. What problem are you facing with ? If it's
> success,
> >could you please send me the package or post it on CVS.
> >
> >Thank you very much,
> >
> >--
> >Co Thai Ngo
> >Dept. of Biology
> >New Mexico State University

Co Thai Ngo
Dept. of Biology
New Mexico State University

    [ Part 2, Text/X-MAKEFILE (Name: "Makefile") ~4.4 KB. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]

    [ Part 3: "Attached Text" ]