[GE users] MPICH and cleanipcs

Christophe Dupre duprec at scorec.rpi.edu
Wed Oct 20 15:14:30 BST 2004

We have disabled the use of shared memory (we use ch_p4 and did not use
-comm=shared during compilation). For our applications the performance
difference is minimal, and there's no leftover ipc mess to clean up. We
alos used to often get requests by mpich to increase/define some
environment variable because of out of (shared?) memory conditions.