[GE users] Machine Priority

Rajeev Mishra rajeevrmishra at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 20 16:25:34 BST 2004

My cluster consists of 3 ghz and 2.2ghz machines and I would like SGE to assign 3 ghz machines first from the available resources for a particular job.

I have created two host groups (3ghz and 2ghz) and added these to a single cluster queue. Now, how do I modify the sequence_no for each host group ? I am using qmon and it seems that the sequence number is for the entire queue.

Reuti,

where can I set this ?

seq_no 0,[@type3=50],[@type2=100],[@type1=150]

Thanks for your help.

Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> wrote:
You can set a different sequence number for each type of machine and
change the scheduler to sort by seqno (qconf -msconf). This will give
the intended result (for serial jobs).

For simpleness I suggest defining three hostgroups. Then you can set:

seq_no 0,[@type3=50],[@type2=100],[@type1=150]

- Reuti