[GE users] Machine Priority

Rajeev Mishra rajeevrmishra at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 20 17:03:21 BST 2004

Thanks Reuti for the detailed explanation.

Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> wrote:Rajeev Mishra wrote:
> My cluster consists of 3 ghz and 2.2ghz machines and I would like SGE to
> assign 3 ghz machines first from the available resources for a
> particular job.
>
> I have created two host groups (3ghz and 2ghz) and added these to a
> single cluster queue. Now, how do I modify the sequence_no for each host
> group ? I am using qmon and it seems that the sequence number is for the
> entire queue.

With qmon you first have to add the @type1 and @type2 hostgroups in the
upper part of the window for modifying the queue to set which machines
belong to the cluster queue.

Then add these hostgroups also in the lower part, because you want to
have different settings from the common queue definition.

Then select a hostgroup entry in the lower list of hostgroups and after
"unlocking" the seqno by clicking on the locker symbol, you can enter a
value there.

Cheers - Reuti

For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net