[GE users] Meaning of Eqw

Shuja Parvez shshgs01 at fht-esslingen.de
Thu Oct 21 12:28:52 BST 2004

hi
i guess E stands for error here. if u use qmon you can click the button
clear error and the E goes away.
hope this helps
_Shuja

> Hello -
>  Many times I submit a job and the Pending status becomes Eqw for it.
> Sometimes the same jobb runs. What is the meaning of "Eqw". The
> documentation talked about w = waiting but not about E. Also once a job
> becomes Eqw it never gets tranferred to the machine. How to restart  or
> delete such jobs. Can they be restarted ? How to avoid Eqw status and
> hanging of jobs in the first place.
>
> --
> I had some other questions also:
> - What if I reboot my master host when my shadow master is not configured
> ?
> - What is the default output and input diretory when I submit job as a
> root ?
>
> Any inputs especially on Eqw wil lbe very helpful.
> With Best Regards,
> Arati

Shuja Parvez
Msc IT and Automation Systems (2003-2005),
FH Esslingen.
Residence Address: AschaffenburgerStrasse 120,
D-63073, Offenbach am Main, Germany
Email: shshgs01 at fht-esslingen.de
Handy: +49 176 700 395 00