[GE users] Meaning of Eqw

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Oct 21 12:45:36 BST 2004

> i guess E stands for error here. if u use qmon you can click the button
> clear error and the E goes away.
> hope this helps

Yes, but you should also check why this error state was set at all. Hints are
in the messages file of the qmaster in the spool directory (default:
%SGE_ROOT/default/spool/qmaster/messages). From the command line you can use
"qmod -cj <jobid>".

> >  Many times I submit a job and the Pending status becomes Eqw for it.
> > Sometimes the same jobb runs. What is the meaning of "Eqw". The
> > documentation talked about w = waiting but not about E. Also once a job
> > becomes Eqw it never gets tranferred to the machine. How to restart  or
> > delete such jobs. Can they be restarted ? How to avoid Eqw status and
> > hanging of jobs in the first place.

> > I had some other questions also:
> > - What if I reboot my master host when my shadow master is not configured
> > ?

If you have a proper NFS setup of your nodes for the common directory of SGE
they will simply continue with the jobs and they will be displayed again in
qstat afterwards.

> > - What is the default output and input diretory when I submit job as a
> > root ?

I assume the home of root, i.e. ~root i.e. /root. We don't allow it and set a
a min_uid/min_guid.

Cheers - Reuti