[GE users] Meaning of Eqw

Arati Kadav aratik at cse.iitk.ac.in
Thu Oct 21 13:21:07 BST 2004

>>>- What is the default output and input diretory when I submit job as a
>>>root ?

I would like to pin point my exact problem here. I am using file staging
here (that typically of second type) where I need to copy stuff from a
repository.
If I keep my repository in machine 1.  I have a anonymous ftp there.
My transfer script see appendix runs directly from root and also from
any login that is in NFS:
<directory where the file is to be copied>
./tr.sh csews201 . init.xml ~

But when I try to submit this as a job to qsub:
qsub ./tr.sh csews201 . init.xml ~

I see init.xml file in my account when I am a anonymous user but not
when I am the root of someother machine
I have also tried giving absolute path names instead of "~" like /root
and /tmp/.

I feel that in the script when we cd to a directory and since the root
login is not a NFS mounted login, it doesnt work. Is there a way to make
it work?

The script is as follows:
#!/bin/sh

#$ -S /bin/sh
#$ -cwd
#$ -o log.txt -j y

#if [ $#ARGV -ne 4 ]; then
#       exit 1
#fi

FTP_SITE=$1
FTP_PATH=$2
FTP_FILE=$3
FTP_DEST=$4

cd $FTP_DEST

# NOTE: the program 'rftp' does FTP across a firewall
# you need to have a .netrc file in your home directory
# which does the authentication for the ftp login
#
ftp $FTP_SITE << END
cd $FTP_PATH
get $FTP_FILE