[GE users] Remove references for a complex

Arati Kadav aratik at cse.iitk.ac.in
Fri Oct 22 14:26:54 BST 2004

Sorry for the typos in the previous message. Please read the following one:
Hi,
I added a complex xyz. Then I modified a host as:
qconf -mattr exechost complex_values xyz="1" hostname

Now I made it 0 using:
qconf -mattr exechost complex_values xyz="0" hostname

Q1: When I am trying to make it 1 again using:
qconf -mattr exechost complex_values xyz="1" hostname
It is not becoming one (i test using: qhost -l xyz="1" and I get an
empty list)

Q2: Now I tried to delete the complex. I did 2 steps:
qconf -dattr exechost complex_values xyz= hostname
And then from the complex list I tried deleting using qconf -mc command.
However I get an error that the comples is still being referenced in
host hostname.
I do "qconf -dattr " multiple times and i get a message that complex xyz
doesnot exist in complex_values of the hostname.

Please let me know what is it that I am missing.
Thanks and regards,
Arati