[GE users] qrsh -v -V errors in 5.3p6

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Oct 22 23:40:11 BST 2004

> I recently downloaded the 5.3p6 courtesy binary available on the
> gridengine website and have had a problem with qrsh.
>
> qrsh does not seem to recognize the -v or the -V command.
>
> Here is the output of the qrsh -v command:
>
>   qrsh -v DISPLAY=$DISPLAY
>   error: Unknown option -v
>
> qrsh seems to work fine.
> Is there another earlier binary available that is functional?

Also in 6.0 -v and -V is filtered for interactive logins. They work, when you
specify a command:

qrsh -v test=yes echo \$test

This way you can start the final program directly. On the other hand, maybe
using `qsh` to get an X-Window is also an option (and you don't need to set
DISPLAY by hand this way). - Reuti