[GE users] Add and remove slots on the fly

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Oct 26 11:48:34 BST 2004

John Hearns wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 11:25, Stephan Grell wrote:
>
>>Hi Marcus,
>>
>>the slosts are defined in the queues. When you ececute "qconf -mq
>><QUEUENAME>"
>>you will find the slots parameter and can change its value.
>>

> Slots are also defined for an execution host.
> I just tried:
>  qconf -rattr exechost complex_values        slots=3  exec-host-name
>
> That didn't have an effect on the number of slots in the queue,
> though the exec host now has 3 slots.
> I guess this is a hangover from version 5, and doesn;t apply to the
> current queue setup???

But with changing the limit on the exec-host it will applied for all
queues to which this host is assigned, in contrast to the setup in a
queue on a per exec-host basis. So there is a good reason to have both
possibilities and decide in your setup, which is the best (and easiest
to maintain) configuration. - Reuti