[GE users] SGE error ?

In-Saeng Suh isuh at nd.edu
Tue Oct 26 19:16:12 BST 2004

Hi SGE users,

I have a some weird problem when I submit a job to our linux cluster.
We are using Grid Engine Enterprise Edition 5.3p2 version.
When I submit a parallel job using MPICH, SGE correctly asigns and
transfers the job to the right nodes. But SGE terminates as after the job
begins and job running status on "qstat" disappears.
But the job is still running on the nodes implicitly and just "qstat"
give an information for "load_avg" number in each node.

Have any idea ?

Thanks,

In-Saeng Suh
University of Notre Dame               Phone:574-631-9437
Office of Information Technologies     Fax  :574-631-9283
IT Center, Box 539
Notre Dame, IN 46556-0539              Email:isuh at nd.edu