[GE users] cygwin

Melvin Koh melvin at apstc.sun.com.sg
Wed Oct 27 02:45:34 BST 2004

I've tried porting 5.3 to Cygwin some time ago, and with some quick hacks
managed to compile it successfully. You can find the changes required in
this thread:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?msgId=8605&listName=dev

Basically my experience is that the client cmds seem to be working, but
the daemons need more work (basically they just hung). Porting 6.0 seems
impossible, as Cygwin does not have thread-safe functions, if I'm not
mistaken.

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, John Hearns wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 17:49, Joe Landman wrote:
> > Has anyone done a port of GridEngine to Cygwin?  Has anyone looked at
> > it?  Curious.
> >
> There was a thread on this back in July.
>
> http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?msgId=19127&listName=users

Melvin Koh Chee Kian
Grid Research Engineer
Asia Pacific Science & Technology Center
Sun Microsystems Inc.
Website: http://apstc.sun.com.sg/