[GE users] SGE-6.0: How to achieve increasing and decreasing seq_no?

Erik Soyez soyez at science-computing.de
Wed Oct 27 14:25:55 BST 2004

Good Day,

with SGE-5.3 I used to configure clusters with e.g. increasing seq_no for
a "normal" queue and decreasing seq_no for an "express" queue in order to
keep parallel jobs stick together and keep express and normal jobs as far
away from each other as long as possible.  That was pretty easy with a
script that just added up seq_no when modifying queues.

Now, how do I translate this configuration into SGE-6.0 where a
"qconf -mq normal at node1" does not work - I don't like the idea of adding
something like "seq_no [node1=1],[node2=2],[node3=3]" etc. to
"qconf -mq normal" for 200 hosts - if there might be another way.

Thanks for your help,

Erik.