[GE users] SGE-6.0: How to achieve increasing and decreasing seq_no?

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Wed Oct 27 14:45:45 BST 2004

Erik,

looks like you used the implict behavior the for a parellel job the next
queue in the sort order is selected. I'm not sure if this behavior can
always be guaranteed (e.g. think about resource reserveration, fragmentation
of the sorted free queue slots due to finishing jobs). However I assume you
were satisfied with the actual behavior;-)

If it's important for you that every individual host has a different
sequence number (and you don't want to use hostgroups where thorugh
hostgroups a couple of hosts have the same sequence number) you nned to
accept the new syntax - through the "qconf -?attr" interface you have full
possibilites to script this configuration.

Andy