[GE users] MPICH 1.2.5.2 and Signals

Brian R. Smith brian at cypher.acomp.usf.edu
Wed Oct 27 20:56:21 BST 2004

Hey,

I just joined the list and have my first question to shoot: Has the
problem with MPICH tight-integration been resolved yet?  I am running
SGE 6.0u1 with MPICH 1.2.5.2.  I have tight integration set up.  My
mpirun scripts all point to "/usr/local/sge/mpi/rsh" (its nfs mounted).
I have exported the MPICH_PROCESS_GROUP=no variable and have modified
the "/usr/local/sge/mpi/rsh" to include the -V option on all the "qrsh"
lines.

Here is my Parallel environment configuration:

pe_name           mpich
slots             6
user_lists        NONE
xuser_lists       NONE
start_proc_args   /usr/local/sge/mpi/startmpi.sh -catch_rsh $pe_hostfile
stop_proc_args    /usr/local/sge/mpi/stopmpi.sh
allocation_rule   $round_robin
control_slaves    TRUE
job_is_first_task FALSE
urgency_slots     min

Here's an example of a submit script i am using:

#!/bin/bash
#$ -v MPIR_HOME=/usr/local/mpich-intel/bin
#$ -N rhog
#$ -pe mpich 2
#$ -S /bin/bash
#$ -q all.q
#$ -e /home/student/b/brs/bbmark/stderr
#$ -o /home/student/b/brs/bbmark/stdout
##############
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/intel/cc/lib
export MPICH_PROCESS_GROUP=no
RUN_HOME=/home/student/b/brs/bbmark

cd $RUN_HOME

# Single
#./bbmark01

# Multi-processor
$MPIR_HOME/mpirun -no-local -np $NSLOTS -machinefile $TMPDIR/machines
$RUN_HOME/bbmark01

I end up with a process still running on the first node of the job node
group with all of the other processes killed.  How do I correct this?

Brian Smith