[GE users] Errorno=111 when doing qstat

Jeffrey B. Layton laytonjb at charter.net
Thu Oct 28 23:20:24 BST 2004

Hello,

   I had posted this email earlier and the response I got didn't
help and unfortunately I had to go out of town so I couldn't
follow-up. Just to recap, I'm running SGE 6.0p1 on a small
Warewulf cluster running Linux. The  master node has two
network connections: eth0 to the  outside world as 127.0.0.1
with a host name of localhost; eth1 is only known to the cluster
as 10.0.0.253 with a hostname of master-admin.  (the cluster is
not on the net, so I haven't configured eth0 as anything but
localhost). I configured SGE to use master-admin as the host
name. When I try 'qstat' it  tells me that it can't connect to
localhost and gives me  an error number of 111. I looked
through the manual but didn't find anything and I tried to
follow the directions on the SGE website for having two
network cards in the master, but the instructions are Sun
specific. I was wondering if someone could help me?
(BTW, I used the binaries  on the SGE website for the 2.4
kernel, glibc 2.2).

TIA!

Jeff