[GE users] Preemption

Brian R. Smith brian at cypher.acomp.usf.edu
Fri Oct 29 19:47:15 BST 2004

Reuti,

I'm sorry to bother you again, but I'd like to dictate the terms of
priority for each queue and I thought that priority was the nice level
of the process (but I guess thats only for the queue_conf).  I just want
all.q to have lower priority (not nice-level) in all cases, regardless
of job size.

Could I have a back-end script that checks to see the requested queue
and sets the job priority accordingly?

As for the suspend-method, I will look into that.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Brian