[GE users] GE 6.0u1 : qmon and equal job arguments

Francesco Siano fsiano at thphy.uni-duesseldorf.de
Wed Sep 1 09:56:29 BST 2004

Hi all, I use GE 6.0 update 1 compiled from (CVS) source on RedHat 7.2; I
use qmon for all my operations.
When I submit a job with several arguments, I noticed that if two of them
are equal GE ignores the second one and this
results in an error because the executable expects more input.
Example : 10.000 and 10.000  are equal and GE ignores the second one; but
                  10.000 and 10.00    are not equal and GE takes both.
The script I use is very simple :

#!/bin/bash
#echo Insert beta U Gamma Delta epsilon0 angle  V   tmax   P  mcs ifla
iseed    process
nice echo       "$1  $2     $3    $4      $5       $6    $7    $8    $9
1      1   -99999  1" | /home/fsiano/work/and-rt.exe

If I execute the script from a terminal than there is no problem with
equal arguments.
As usual, I apologize for any stupidity.
-Francesco