[GE users] SIGUSR1 signal

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Sep 1 09:58:47 BST 2004

Henrik,

>1.
>In the queue_conf man pages it is written that SIGUSR1 is sent when s_rt
>is exceeded which can be caught by the job. But how can I use the
>SIGUSR1 signal in my job?
>
>2.
>What is the difference between s_rt and h_rt? Is it only the signal
>sending? And how should I configure the queue? h_rt<s_rt?

1.

in a shell you can use the trap command:

trap 'echo "I got the signal...do anything"' USR2

for C you have to use all the sigaddset...() ... commands to setup the proper
behavior of your job.

2.

h_rt should be > s_rt. You should get the signal when s_rt is reached. More you
can find in man queue_conf. When h_rt is reached, your job will be killed.

Cheers - Reuti