[GE users] regex in complexes

Sean Dilda agrajag at dragaera.net
Thu Sep 2 14:38:33 BST 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 05:04, Olesen, Mark wrote:

> My load sensor will report something like the following:
>
> 	machine:license:lic1+lic2+lic4
>
> Then I could do something like 'qselect -l license=lic3' to find queues
> where the license lic3 is *not* currently in use.

Have you considered making a bool complex for each license?  That way
your load sensor can report the status of each individual complex.  It
shouldn't increase resource usage on your load sensor by more than a
fraction.  The sysadmin overhead would only be adding a new complex each
time a new type of license is added and you'll have to change your load
sensor script as much with this method as with the method you're
currently trying to do.  If you're worried about polluting the complex
namespace, you can call them all lic_<foo> or something similar.